MEDICAL GRADE SKINCARE VS. OVER THE COUNTER PRODUCTS
- Unlike over the counter items, medical grade skincare products are monitored by the Food and Drug Administration and must hold up to more rigorous safety standards and clinical testing.
- Medical grade products are formulated with higher concentrations of the active ingredients necessary to see significant visible improvements in skin discoloration, skin tone/texture, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- Pharmaceutical grade products are equipped with sophisticated delivery systems to allow the active ingredients to penetrate deep into the skin, where collagen and new skin cells are produced. OTC products lack these delivery systems, and sit on the top layer of skin without ever being fully absorbed, meaning that these products will provide moisturizing benefits, but not much else.
Because of the distinctive composition of each patient’s skin, a ‘one size fits all’ standardized approach to at-home skincare will never produce the best results. For this reason, the staff at Creekside Medical Spa will create your personalized at-home skincare program, taking into consideration your age, skin type, and unique skincare needs.
Creekside Medical Spa is proud to offer Obagi® products. Obagi® is the number one medical grade product line on the market, and has been so for over 20 years. It is one of the most recognized names in the global skincare field, and the preferred choice of many physicians because of its prescription-strength product lines that have been clinically shown to produce remarkably transformative skin-rejuvenating results.
As the name implies, Colorescience® products blur the line between color (makeup) and science (skincare). Their products are known for being meticulously formulated with high concentrations of potent active ingredients and SPF protection. Colorescience® makeup products are actually good for the health of your skin, and provide the beautifying effects of traditional cosmetics while also delivering the moisturizing, age-defying benefits of skincare products.
LATISSE™ EYELASH ENHANCEMENT
Latisse™ is the brand name for Bimatroprost Ophthalmic solution, which is the first and only FDA-approved, prescription-strength medication designed to target and improve eyelash hypotrichosis (inadequate or sparse eyelashes). Latisse™ works to extend the length of the eyelash hair growth phase while simultaneously boosting the number of hairs produced during each growth cycle. With proper, consistent at-home use, Latisse™ has been shown to expedite the growth of darker, fuller, and longer eyelashes.
CONTACT CREEKSIDE MEDICAL SPA
At Creekside Medical Spa, our practice philosophy is premised on three key principles:
- Consistently upholding the highest quality standards in patient care.
- Keeping abreast of new innovations and technological developments in the field of aesthetic medicine in order to deliver cutting-edge, science-based treatments with a proven track record demonstrating their safety and efficacy.
- Custom-tailoring each treatment to reflect our patients’ unique needs and aesthetic goals while correcting cosmetic concerns and subtly enhancing their natural beauty.
If you would like additional information about Latisse™ at-home eyelash enhancement, or any of the pharmaceutical grade skincare products offered at Creekside Medical Spa, please contact our office today. We look forward to speaking with you, and to scheduling your initial consultation with Dr. Daniel Cooper, or with one of our aesthetic RNs or licensed medical aestheticians.